Sunday, 22 April 2012

The Materialistics


I read about this group The Materialistics the other day. They are a knitting group based in South Shields, North East UK., who got together in 2009 to make this –



Amazing, isn’t it? They actually took this out onto the water! Every year they pick a new theme and create incredible pieces of craftwork which they exhibit. Here are just a few of the works their members have produced:







 You begin to question the limits of your own craft when you see things like this. Here is their website: http://www.wix.com/susan_mcbride/materialistics/home. It is definitely worth a good peruse.


Pattern update: The cat pattern is taking me a little longer than I hoped. I had a few false starts but I’m almost done now. I should have it up by the end of next week.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...