I needed a hook case. The pencil case my grandma made me when I was 12, though nice, was not a fitting home for my growing collection of crochet hooks. I needed something a little toon-like, a little wacky, a little kick-ass …
Enter Ninja Hook Case.
I made a few adjustments to the original pattern. I made it wider so that I could fit all my hooks and a pair of scissors. I doubled the number of stitches in the base from 18 to 36. This meant I had to make the hook section a little bigger so that it was in proportion. Basically, I repeated each round in that section of the pattern. Also, I stuffed the head of the hook and stitched down the neck so that it could act as a little pincushion. And finally, I used felt to make the eyes just because I like to use felt for eyes.
I'm very happy with him. Can't imagine a safer place to keep my hooks.