Tuesday, 15 May 2012

Quirky Hook Case


I needed a hook case. The pencil case my grandma made me when I was 12, though nice, was not  a fitting home for my growing collection of crochet hooks. I needed something a little toon-like, a little wacky, a little kick-ass …

Enter Ninja Hook Case.





I made a few adjustments to the original pattern. I made it wider so that I could fit all my hooks and a pair of scissors. I doubled the number of stitches in the base from 18 to 36. This meant I had to make the hook section a little bigger so that it was in proportion. Basically, I repeated each round in that section of the pattern. Also, I stuffed the head of the hook and stitched down the neck so that it could act as a little pincushion. And finally, I used felt to make the eyes just because I like to use felt for eyes. 

I'm very happy with him. Can't imagine a safer place to keep my hooks.

You can find the pattern on Ravelry here . It’s by Justyna Kacprzak. Her blog is http://handmade-by-just-in.blogspot.com. Her designs are very sweet and she has quite a few patterns available for free.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...