Friday, 17 August 2012

Projects Made During the Games


Here are the photos of the projects I finished during the Olympic Games as part of the Ravellenic Games over on Ravelry.


This is my first ever jumper! Yay! It is also the first adult garment I have ever made.  The pattern is from Panda’s pattern book 228 – Crochet Modern Vintage.


I used a skein of Cleckheaton California to make these Fingerless Mittens. They are warm and fuzzy and a mishmash of colour. They were inspired by the pattern I used for my Blah-buster sock. I worked double crochets in rows for the wrist/forearm section. For the hand I worked in single crochets in a spiral. Where the wrist/forearm section was slip stitched together, I added decorative stitches.


Finally, this is Quasi. He was modelled after Fatso the Wombat, an unofficial mascot for the 2000 Sydney Olympic Games. He was supposed to be felted but the felting process didn’t take. (I think he probably needed a bit more time in the tub.) He has been named Quasi because the poor guy has a bit of a back hump. My sister could not stop laughing at him. So, he’s not the prettiest wombat out there and, yes, he looks a little crazy but I love him. I’ll be refining his pattern and putting him up on the blog after I’ve finished the Shrunken Head Guy pattern.

So after all that crocheting, I now have a mild RSI. Does anybody else suffer from this? I get it every now and then. The tip of my middle finger goes numb, my arm feels a little weak and the lower back of my fingers ache. I’m now wearing my trusty wrist brace and will be taking a break from the hooking for a couple of days. Learn from my mistake people! Take regular breaks and stretch out your hands, wrists, neck, arms, legs, ears … okay, not your ears but you get my point.

Have a good weekend, everyone!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...