Tuesday, 2 September 2014

Skrillex Doll

Hi, everyone.

It’s late here in Perth, quiet, a little cold. I’ve got my favourite knitted jumper on and I’m listening to a good song (“Shake it Out”, Florence + The Machine). I thought it was a nice moment to start posting again. It’s been a while. I didn’t mean to be away for so long but life kept getting in the way, as it does, and time just moves way too fast.

Since I last posted I haven’t crocheted much but I did manage to finish a doll. It was by request and it was in the likeness of the musician Skrillex. The doll is 45cm tall, made with acrylic yarn and a 2.75mm hook, and has wire throughout the body so it can be posed.


I used stitching to shape the abs and separate crochet pieces for his chest. His torso ended up being covered by his t-shirt but the shaping was more for practice than for anything else.



His hair is brushed out acrylic yarn. I crocheted his eyes using sewing thread and a 0.6mm hook. His glasses are made from wire and are wrapped in black yarn. I used glue and black tape to secure the yarn.

 

I think he turned out well. I really enjoy crocheting people, especially the faces. I have an urge to crochet a large disembodied head, something large and odd that would go under a glass dome. I might make that my next project after the current one.

Currently I’m working on another micro amigurumi. It’s a red dragon and it’s going well so far. I’ll have photos to post soon.

Okay, I’m going to go and browse some craft sites and listen to some more music.

Wishing you all lots of creative wonderfulness.

K.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...