Monday, 10 February 2014

Micro Crochet Grizzly Bear




This is my micro grizzly. He is 2cm/0.8in tall. I made him with polyester sewing thread and a 0.4mm crochet hook. I'm not sure how I feel about him. Sometimes I love him, sometimes I think he could be better. I'm going to try and make him a salmon to play with. If I can pull off the salmon, I'll probably like him more.

Below are the progress photos for the grizzly. I hope this gives you a better idea of what goes into making one of these tiny projects.



The pieces can be quite stiff and the edges can sometimes curl out
so every now and then I use tweezers to shape and stretch my work.
I use tweezers and the tip of my embroidery scissors to help me stuff my micros.
I like to use wire in my micros. I use the fine copper wires found in electrical wire.










Grrrrr ...





Copyright © Kim Lapsley 2014

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...