Tuesday, 18 November 2014

Completed Large Blue Head

The large crocheted head I was working on is now complete! I’m pleased with how he's turned out. He's made from acrylic yarn using a 3.0mm hook and is 26cm/10in tall and about 20cm/8in wide.




I can already see some areas I can improve on (forehead, area below the eyes, possibly cheeks ... his left ear is a little dodgy). I think I could have added more shape in the main head piece instead of adding on separate pieces later … the result of bad planning I suspect. I thought about adding eyebrows and eyelashes but was told quite firmly by my trusted advisors that I was to leave him be. He’s going to sit on the bookshelf for a bit while I work on some other projects. Eventually I hope to make more heads in different sizes and colours and with different expressions, but for now, I am going to start on some micro pieces for the shop. It’ll be a nice change of pace. (I recently discovered that there is a smaller hook than my 0.4mm, a 0.35mm! I might have to go place an order …)

K.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...